NICE is dedicated to ensuring a safe, inclusive, equitable and respectful space across all of its online spaces and in-person events.
Harassment, discrimination and mistreatment of any kind will not be tolerated, and NICE retains the right to revoke membership and access to any of our activities for anyone who does not adhere to our code of conduct.
Harassment, discrimination and mistreatment (in-person, online or any communications) includes, but is not limited to:
- Violence or assault of any kind
- Bullying, stalking, threats or intimidation
- Sexual harassment, unwelcome sexual attention, innuendo, or joking; inappropriate or unwanted physical contact
- Negative stereotyping or any discriminatory language and actions, which aim to minimize a person’s identity or lived experience
- Disruption of events
- Photography or recording of an individual that is non-consensual and unwelcome
Harassment, discrimination and mistreatment is not:
- Discussing or respectfully criticizing oppressive behaviour, assumptions, or precedent
These policies apply to all NICE participants, including all members, guests and staff if/when applicable.
In general, NICE abides by these positive principles:
- We value and recognize the skills and contribution of each person
- We treat each other with honesty, dignity and respect
- We enjoy a positive, blame-free environment
- We are working toward common goals
- We keep confidential information confidential
- We declare any situation where we might have a conflict of interest
- We speak with candour: being honest and open while not judging others or monopolizing the conversation
- We talk about issues, not people
How To Report Harassment
If you experience or witness any form of harassment or discrimination, please contact any of the below contacts:
- Wendy Huot (email@example.com)
- Andy Willick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sonya William (email@example.com)
All complaints will be investigated promptly, thoroughly, and impartially. Confidentiality will be maintained throughout the investigatory process to the extent consistent with adequate investigation and appropriate corrective action.
All violations of the law should be reported to local law enforcement. For emergencies, immediately dial 9-1-1.
NICE encourages members of our community to collectively work to prevent inappropriate and harmful behaviors. Strategies for intervention include disrupting harassment, asking the harasser to stop, asking for help and reporting any incidents requiring escalation.